Alexander James Guitars are quality handcrafted instruments made to showcase the exquisite natural properties of exotic hardwood. Each guitar is custom fit to the needs of the customer.
All guitars are available as right-handed or left-handed.
We offer many different options for hardware. Some include:
We offer many different options for electronics. Some include:
We offer completely custom built instruments to the matching specification of the customer. This list includes but is not limited to:
If you can dream it, we can build it.
Model starting prices
These prices are just a starting point for your reference. For a more accurate quote, please contact us with your custom guitars full specs.
As of January 2017, the build time for a standard guitar is generally 4-6 months. To start, a down payment of 40% of the final cost is required. The remaining 60% (plus shipping) is due after completion or can be paid in installments. Local pickup is also acceptable.
Flexible payment plan options are available.
We accept Certified Cheques, Cash, Credit Cards, or Paypal
If you are interested, go to the contact page and get in touch with us.
You can come try out an available instrument at our shop. Please contact us for an appointment. You can also try our intruments at the Twelth Fret intrument shop in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Yes, please use the contact page of the website to make an appointment.
Of course we do - at no extra charge.
Yes there is. This is available upon request. We use the Graphtech Piezo system.
We use the Graphtech brand nuts. (multiple options available)
Yes we do. Wood, shell, etc.
We use a proprietary oil finish. This helps enhance the beautiful natural look of the wood. It is also easy and affordable to repair and maintain.
Maple, Mahogany and rosewood are only one of many tonal palettes available. Exotic woods each have their own tonal character. Many different figures and colours are also available. This helps make your instrument truely unique.
We offer these guitar models so that a customer may get a better idea of what they want, but we will build your dream custom guitar.
Yes. Any one of those options are available.
Yes. We also utilize the most modern machinary. This enables us to offer an unparalleled level of accuracy.
Use the contact page, tell us all about your guitar, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Yes. We repair intruments all the time. Please contact us if you need any repairs done.